Church Covenant for Members
Being led by the Holy Spirit of God, we have received Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior. We have publicly confessed this faith by being baptized in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. We do now, in the presence of God and with His help, whole-heartedly pledge, along with every other person in the church body, to strive to lead a life that is fully pleasing to the Lord, walk together in Christian love, and to devote our energy to:
1) By participating, supporting and encouraging worship. (Ephesians 5:19)
2) By promoting unity and purity in the church. (Ephesians 5:26-27)
1) Work together for harmony in the church. (I Corinthians 1:10)
2) Be faithful stewards – giving time, talent and money as God enables us.
3) Remember one another in prayer, help in time of need,
and seek reconciliation quickly when conflict arises.
4) Encourage one another in the hope of our Lord’s return
(I Thessalonians 4:13- 18)
1) Help spread the Gospel, both locally and worldwide. (Matthew 28:19).
2) Seek the salvation of our family, friends, and acquaintances. (Matthew 28:19)
1) Teach the Bible to our children. (Deuteronomy 6:6-9)
2) Be an example of Godly behavior. (Philippians 4:8-9)
3) Give advice and warnings kindly and patiently and receive them without resentment.
1) Turn away from sin. (Romans 6:12)
2) Make Christ first in every aspect of our lives. (Philippians 3:10)
3) Abstain from all behavior and attitudes that violate God’s standard as revealed in the Bible.